Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Security

I'm alone today, standing at the window, watching the sun blinking in the sky. Inside my condo, the air is blowing on my arms. I need to move away from the window, or at least turn down the a/c.

I watch you park your car, in the lot, behind my building. You don't know it. I watch you look up, towards my window, shielding your eyes, so you can see me standing there. But you can't see in.

I turn away from the window, go to the bathroom to put on my lipstick. My hair is a disaster, but you like it that way. I will never understand why that is.

I turn off the light, gather my things, and wait for your knock at my door.

I'm always a bit surprised to see you standing there. Big and tall and strong. Something in me relaxes, I don't need to worry, you're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment